Step by Step Guide to Create Product Bundle in Salesforce CPQ
- May 15, 2020
- 7 minutes
What is a Product Bundle?
A Product Bundle is a combination of different products and services that are sold to consumers as one combined product or service package. For any of the CPQ solutions, Product creation is the first step.
Salesforce CPQ provides the facility to configure different types of product offerings and services using their unbelievable features.
This Article will help you to understand the steps to create a product bundle in Salesforce CPQ.
1) Navigate to the Products Tab and click New, Enter all the necessary information. Set the Active checkbox to True. Keep default values unchanged and click on the Save button.
In the Salesforce CPQ Configuration Section Fill Below Fields.
CPQ provides additional custom fields on products that allows you to define:
- Configuration Type: whether a bundle requires a configuration or not
- Configuration Event: when to show Configure Products screen.
- Option Layout: how features are displayed in a bundle.
- Options Selection Method: ways to select options under a bundle.
If you want to Quantity Editable then check the “Quantity Editable” field in Salesforce CPQ Quantity Control and Set Your Default Quantity.
2) Go to the related List of products, then go to the price book and add list price and Set Active checkbox to True.
3) Create Optional Products and add Pricing.
We need to create individual product records for optional/component products as well.
|#||PRODUCT NAME||PRODUCT FAMILY||PRICE IN $|
|1||CPU 2.8GHz i7||Hardware||375 $|
|2||CPU 3.4GHz i7||Hardware||425 $|
|3||Hard Drive 4TB||Hardware||250 $|
|4||SSD Hard Drive 512GB||Hardware||150 $|
|5||RAM 8GB||Hardware||50 $|
|6||RAM 16GB||Hardware||60 $|
4) Navigate to the Products Tab and click New,Enter all the necessary Set the Active checkbox to True. Keep default values unchanged.
The Component field on Product allows you to define a sub-product of a bundle product, making it available for selection only through a bundle and not as a standalone item.
6) Create the features you need from your parent product’s related list.
Remember that the feature’s Configured SKU field automatically looks up to your bundle parent if you created the feature in the parent’s Features related list.
- Fill Required fields like Feature Name, Number, Min Options, Operation Selection Method and Category and Click save to save this feature or click save & new to save this feature and add more features.
- Number is used to assign a position to bundle.
- Min Option is used to Minimum number of options for this feature that can be selected as part of the product bundle.
- Max Options is used to add Maximum number of options for this feature that can be selected as part of the product bundle.
- Category is used to assign this feature to a category such that multiple features with related options are grouped together.
8) Features related list on a Parent Product with all the Features.
9) Create Product Options
To configure an individual product as a component of a Bundle Product, we need to create Product Options. Product Options act as a link between the component product and its bundle product.
- Navigate to the Parent Product Desktop Computer | Options related list, clickNew Product Option.
- Enter below information and click Save.
- Number: 10 -to determine the sequence of this sub-product in a bundle
- Configured SKU: Lookup to the Bundle Producte. Desktop Computer. It is automatically populated while creating a Product Option from a bundle product.
- Optional SKU: Lookup to the Sub-Product i.e. CPU 2.8GHz i7. This is where you actually associate a sub-product to the bundle.
- Type: Component – CPU is a Component of Desktop Computer.
- Select the checkbox to indicate that the related product is bundled with the main product. Bundled options have fixed quantity and zero price as price is include in the main product.
- Leave this unchecked if the price should be added to the option.
11) Now, we are done with all the setup needed for our Desktop Computer. Let’s checkout how it looks in the quote line editor.
- Navigate to an existing Quote and click Edit Lines button/ create a new Quote | click the Add Products
- Select Desktop Computer from the product list.
- Select the required product from the bundle and click save.
- So you can see the selected component from the product bundle in a final quote.
Are you looking for a Salesforce CPQ Development? GetOnCRM Solutions is a global Salesforce silver consulting partner based in California (USA), with offices in Canada and India. At GetOnCRM Solutions, We help customers to get their CRM off the ground with a professional implementation process catered to their specific needs. Contact us for any Salesforce requirements.