What Are The Roles And Responsibilities Of The Salesforce Developer?
- October 5, 2020
- 7 minutes
A Salesforce developer is expected to possess greater knowledge of Salesforce; simultaneously, he/she must possess thorough knowledge about the opportunities associated with the same. It’s not necessary, though, for a Salesforce developer to work directly with the company. All that matters is to ensure that the concerned professional must be able to develop applications across different PaaS platforms. A Salesforce developer might also be asked to develop applications based on cloud.
Technologies They Deal With
Salesforce is currently the biggest CRM platform having beyond 150k customers. CRM platforms let companies handle their customer relationship and communications through a single tool. It’s acclaimed for boosting business efficacy and thus delivering better results. A salesforce developer primarily has to handle technical aspects, basically dealing with the following three core technologies called- Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Component Framework.
Apex is Salesforce’s language, whereas Visualforce is used for developing custom Salesforce pages. Lighting Component Framework is primarily meant for user interface development identical to Angular JS. A Salesforce developer has to develop custom application functionalities as per of the CRM. They have to handle the customization aspects for providing users with the best possible experience. It also falls within the responsibility of the developer to integrate third-party applications with the CRM and address the technical aspects.
Though it’s moreover technical, the responsibilities of a Salesforce developer go beyond programming. They have to collaborate with their mates in other departments, like sales, promotion, support, etc. They have to handle quality assurance aspects and, when needed, go for debugging as well. This is the reason that recruiters look for soft skills as well while hiring salesforce developers.
Job Responsibilities Of A Salesforce Developer
Every recruiter wants the Salesforce developer to develop the most advanced salesforce application to meet transforming CRM needs. In this context, a developer is expected to understand needs through meetings with higher officials. They must possess the skill of developing customer workflow and to maintain the roles of users thoroughly.
- Conducting meetings with managers and figuring out CRM demands.
- To develop personalized solutions, part of Salesforce needs.
- To design, develop, and execute the application for the company.
- To test and troubleshoot whenever needed.
- To empower the technical staff in the Salesforce team when needed.
- Ensuring complete safety of the application.
Day-To-Day Scenario Expected For A Salesforce Developer
The day of a typical Salesforce developer begins with going through the recent reports. This is essential to check whether there are any kind of fresh requests from the clients or any kind queries. As per the state of the concerned cases, a developer has to strategize for the day. In general, the developers have to attain meetings post completion of these formalities, and the cases of other members are discussed.
When any of them come up with an issue, the same is discussed with the team. Once everyone’s issue is addressed, the case moves towards the development phase. The real working phase begins with aspects that are moreover finished. When needed, the clients are communicated for validation of the functionality from their side. Once the client validates, the process moves towards the production stage. After this, the client can make use of the functionality for his day-to-day needs.
Broader Insight Into Activities They Perform
On a broader note, the everyday activity of a Salesforce developer is expected to be, moreover, as discussed below:
- The developers are mostly the decision-makers regarding troubleshooting and progress of Salesforce development, which includes coding, troubleshooting, and managing as well. They have to deliver explicit reports of all these aspects in a regular fashion.
- A Salesforce developer is essential to work in close association with concerned clients. They often have to conduct surveys of details and prepare to challenge CRM-related answers to ensure that the asked methods are followed and things are put forth in the right way. During the process, a developer might have to work in close connection with the other team members.
- One of the most crucial parts of a Salesforce developer’s duty is maintaining client works, assuring there is no security issue acting as a threat towards company data.
- A Salesforce developer has to remain responsible for preparing explicit strategies and methods for different businesses. At the same time, he/she has to have right answers or solutions for occurring issues, ensuring the process moves smoothly.
- A Salesforce developer must prioritize about having perfect arrangements in the most accomplishing way to meet challenging business processes. In this context, a Salesforce developer might have to conduct workshops to discuss the factors to be addressed, issues, etc. of the concerned framework.
- It is also a part of the duty of the Salesforce developer to maintain proper backing of daily works, and also handle support related aspects of the Salesforce cases.
- A Salesforce developer often has to connect with the customers and other developers for strategizing lasting company solutions and assure thorough assists at all levels, starting from development, execution, to testing. If needed, they have to indulge in direct interaction with the customers or clients for greater handling of tasks. Starting from typical customer queries to meticulous aspects related to user interface to regular queries, the interaction can include anything.
- The concerned salesforce developer remains responsible for maintaining a user-friendly and intuitive platform for addressing business needs and meeting the transforming scenarios, thus attaining higher business goals.
- A Salesforce developer has to develop the right framework for those working within the organization and those at the client’s side. Starting from doing needful security setting changes to customizing the features, they have to deal with it all.
As evident, the Salesforce developers often have to handle extensive responsibilities and thus are paid handsome packages as well. They are highly demanded in modern times and thus can be the best recommendation for all those aiming to make it large in the IT sector.
Are you looking for a Salesforce Development Company? GetOnCRM Solutions is a global Salesforce silver consulting partner based in India. At GetOnCRM Solutions, We help recruitment agencies to build a Salesforce Mobile App to speed up the recruitment process.